Patient And Familys’ Right And Responsibilities
UKMSC welcomes you and your family to our hospital. As a patient in UKMSC you have the right to:
- To provide information:
- You are expected to fully and truthfully provide details of your medical, medication and treatment history.
- You are expected to fully and truthfully provide your personal details including insurance and financial information.
- To follow the treatment plans:
- You shall adhere to medical advice and instructions should you choose to accept them.
- You shall attend all appointments punctually and notify UKMSC if you are unable to keep the appointment.
- To abide by hospital’s rules and regulations whenever required.
- To show respect and consideration of others receiving or providing care
- To pay your hospital bills within the stipulated time frame.
- You shall be given medical treatment in accordance with currently accepted standards of hospital care in Malaysia
- You shall be given immediate care in case of emergency
- You shall be given information on services and facilities.
- You shall be informed about your condition from your physician, including;
- Procedure and treatment to be done
- Risks and benefits of treatment
- Other treatment options available
- Cost of care and treatment
- You shall be entitled to a Medical Report, upon request and payment of a reasonable fee.
- You shall be entitled to an itemised bill and explanation of hospital charges upon request.
- You shall, upon request, be given advice on preventive, curative and rehabilitative aspect of care to maintain good health and healthy lifestyle.
- You are entitled to choose whether to accept or refuse a recommended treatment and be discharged at your own risk.
- You are entitled to request for a second opinion at any time.
- You are entitled to decline participation in medical research programmes.
- Your personal and medical information shall be confidential.
- Your privacy and dignity shall be respected
- You are entitled to raise any concern and to request for assistance from the hospital staff.
- You are entitled to have access to an appropriate grievance mechanism.
Monday – Friday:
8.30am – 5.00pm
Weekend & Public Holiday: Closed
7th Floor, Clinical Block, UKM Medical Centre, Jalan Yaacob Latif, 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
General Line : +603-9174 9222
Email : email@example.com | Email Marketing : firstname.lastname@example.org